Sunday, February 25, 2007

Spring In Febuary?

Aside from sparse rains, the central coast has had some amazingly warm and beautiful weekends. My husband, Jeremy and I set out for adventure yesturday heading south. We went to Los Olivos in the Santa Ynez Valley and to a small village called Ballard where we had a picnic in the school yard of this old red school house built in 1880 and still used today. It was great we found a rope swing which was the most fun I'd had at school in a long time. We played tetherball (OK Jeremy played while I ducked from the ball) and played on the playgound.
Then we drove south through Solvang and then to Refugio State Beach which is a hidden piece of paradise. Palms, white sands, and surfers. From there you can hike down to El Captian State Beach. Since we were so close to Santa Barbara we went to Chipolte, our burrito Mecca of destined goodness.
Spring Flowers in our Yard



Ballard School, see me on rope swing at right
Old School with Me on rope swing
Jeremy swings

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Spears said...

That was a great weekend!!! I love you WIFE!!!!

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home